Here at your counselling service we also offer group therapy. One of the groups we run is an eating disorder group for young women. The group is open to any young woman (above the age of 16) that is currently living with ANY type of an Eating Disorder.
Group therapy is a valuable and important part of recovery. Our group is run by therapists that have a lot of experience with eating disorders and also of facilitating groups. Attending group therapy at your counselling service can help you with the following –
- Exploring feelings in a safe space
- Gaining peer support from others in a similar situation
- Feeling less alone and less isolated
- Addressing underlying issues that have lead to an eating disorder
- Building self esteem
- Developing fulfilling and healthier relationships
- Changing destructive behaviour
- Embracing change
- Learning self acceptance and kindness
- Growing in strength and determination
- Healing and recovering from your eating disorder
- Learning that you ‘are good enough’
- Understanding how to respect and look after yourself
- Listening to a healthy voice instead of an eating disorder voice
- Acknowledging that their Is a future and looking towards it
Young women really benefit from being in a therapy group, and from sitting with people that are also living with an eating disorder. It doesn’t matter that the type of eating disorder varies. This can often help people in some ways, and make the group more relaxed and comfortable. It is a supportive and safe environment, where people feel heard, respected, listened to and encouraged to speak without judgement.
Please get in touch if you or anyone you know would like to join this therapy group. Three of our girls have recently recovered and they all speak very highly of group and the way that it helped them. Soon we will be sharing some videos of their experience.